Sunday, June 27, 2010

Baby Birds And Momma

This family of birds continues to build a nest in the same place every year, and have about 3-4 little chics. I only see three this time. It's crazy how they come back to the same exact spot, but I guess it is a pretty good, and safe location about 6 inches under the porch overhang.

They're probably almost a week old. Today is the first day I've noticed they were getting so big that you could see them hanging out, as if they were struggling to share what little room they have up there. Last year one of them fell out and died - I hope Momma forces them out to fly before that happens again.

Both Momma and (I presume) Papa are constantly flying around close by, even if they aren't up there. They nearly dive-bomb us when we walk underneath. You can imagine what was going through her (or his) head when I was standing on a chair about 7-8 feet away taking pictures!

Click the pics to enlarge!








No comments:

Post a Comment