Monday, July 8, 2013

A Double-shot of Creed

Creed - "Torn"   (from My Own Prison, 1997)

Source

Creed - "What If"   (from Human Clay, 1999)

Source

I know they get a bad rap, but I really loved them in their prime. The first two albums were pretty incredible, and they were also VERY good live when I saw them in '99 in San Antonio. It was the Joe & Harry Freeman Coliseum, and it was up close & personal - very well done.

Although their 3rd album, Weathered, seemed significantly less creative -and much more commercial- I really enjoyed their 4th release, and most recent album Full Circle.. released 10 years after Human Clay in 2009.

These two are without a doubt my two favorite Creed tunes. There are many more, though. Mark Tremonti, currently with Alter Bridge is an amazing song writer, and wizard on the axe.

No comments:

Post a Comment