Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, One For The Road!


Image Source

Well as you can guess, today is my blog's first birthday! I knew it was coming soon, and thought it may have passed. So, last night I go back and check the date on my first post, and viola - it was August 27, 2009! Had no idea that my blog shares a birthday with the landfall of Hurricane Katrina, which was August 27, 2005.

For the record year #1 contained a total of 1,341 posts.

That breaks down to:
• 111.8 per month
• 25.8 per week (best week: 46 - worst week: 7)
• 3.7 per day (best day might have been the day before yesterday: 12)
• 1 post for every 4.1 hours awake

As for hits, I'm pretty proud of my 1908-hit week back in week-20, thanks to the Heavy Metal Band Names Chart. Likewise that week and the few that followed became my best month: May - 3,283.

I want to personally thank all of my readers. I know it's tough to check out all the cool sites you wanna check out every day, and I know some of you do, and some don't have quite that much time. Nevertheless, thanks for making One For The Road all that it is today, one year later. All I can hope is to make it even better in year #2.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your blog...I know I am a new reader but I enjoy your blog...And dig that you are an Alice in chains fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn! I enjoy yours as well - Thanks for the kind words :D

    ReplyDelete