Friday, August 28, 2009

December '07 Cruise

Going in I was pretty aprehensive to leave the dogs for a week. But it's just that and fear of the unknown. Once we got on the ship everything was great! It took me two days to really understand the entire layout of this big ship, and after almost 3 full days I was ready to get off.

We got to Jamaica and I wasn't across the border 10 feet when I had a guy asking me, "Hey mon, you wanna get high? I got the good stuff...." We took a little tour to bartering shops, and then went to the beach. Afterward once we got back to the ship, I was glad to be there. Jamaica felt very unsafe. Tourism is their biggest money-maker, and I'm not surprised. But the people who live there make it a bad experience for all the people who support their livelyhood - us, the tourists. It's a beautiful place from a distance!

Grand Cayman was the most impressive. It's a rich man's Jamaica. Everything there was clean, organized, and really nice. I was set to feel FREE, and wasn't disappointed in the least. We walked about 5 miles to the beach and had a great time after the 15-minute rain passed.

Cozumel was just as I expected: Beautiful and upper-middle class Mexico. Most of our time there was spent in SeƱor Frogs having a HUGE margarita, and then we walked and shopped.

The time aboard the ship was an incredible experience - especially the food! I had some of the best dishes I've EVER had, and if you think about it, the meal prices would MORE than make up for the price of the cruise itself. Our stateroom was small but just fine. The stewards and dinner waiters certainly earned their money, and were great. I won $135 at the blackjack table the last night, and we were also able to cash in on great duty-free smokes & liquor, as well as a few great professional pictures too.

The primary memory for me will certainly be the experience with Mom & Dad, and all that we did together. Celebrating our 4th anniversary, Steph & I also had the time of our lives!

View the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment