Friday, January 20, 2012

What if..

You ever think these guys in the NBA get tired of just running up & down the court every night doing the same thing over and over and over again? I was thinking this the other night during a Mavs/Lakers game (no wonder my mind was wandering). Then I said to myself, "they need to add a 3rd basket!"

Kinda like this:


Most rules are exactly the same, except, when your team secures a rebound, or it's your possession now after the other team just scored, you have the option to go play offense at either of the other two baskets. Obviously, once the ball crosses half-court, your team is locked into shooting at the goal on that side of the floor.

But think about all the variations. Think about how fast-breaks would take place! I'll let you think about it. It'd be kinda cool to watch.

No, I'm not trying to be another James Naismith, but you never know how much people kids would like something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment