Sunday, May 8, 2011

Introducing Jerry Seinfeld Dot Com



"When I was ten years old, I started watching stand up comedians on TV. I fell in love with them and I'm just as fascinated with stand up comedy today. When I started doing TV, I saved every appearance on every show I did.

I thought it might be fun to go through all of it and pick out three bits each day that still amuse me for some reason or another. I've also included stuff I'm doing now, and I'll be adding new stuff as I go.

Somewhere out there are ten year olds just waiting to get hooked on this strange pursuit. This is for them. I'm just hoping somehow it will keep this silliness going."

--JS


Yep, that's right! Jerry Seinfeld has launched his own website, which will contain a ton of all the material he's ever done. Not only will we now get to go see some of his great stuff from when he primarily did stand-up, but he's making it all the more easy for us - this is his personal library! As a special note, it remains to be seen whether or not we'll see any "Seinfeld" references at Jerry Seinfeld Dot Com, but for now he says, "that stuff is being reserved for another special Web project."

Quoting a recent N.Y. Times article: "I really thought, ‘Where’s my stuff going to be when I’m dead?’ Is it just gone for all time? Who could sift through it? I thought, I should filter this out and be the judge of what I thought was good."

"...[E]ach day the Web page will offer only three of these videos, chosen by Mr. Seinfeld, a strategy that reflects his theories about online content as well as his concerns about what he called 'portion control.' "

"I don’t want everything, Burger King now has a burger where you decide how many patties. How disgusting is that? That’s the problem right there. That’s the cultural moment that I am repudiating here."


My favorite for today was "The chicks and the checks" - from Letterman, 1989.

If you haven't already found the link, click here to go to his brand new website.

Via / Via

No comments:

Post a Comment