Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Smart Lab Honks For Help


A Labrador helped himself get out of a scorching situation by taking matters into his own paws.

Donna Gardner said 11-year-old Max is not just a dog. He's like another member of the family. "You have to know Max," Gardner said. "He's a very smart dog and he just does things that I don't think a normal dog does all the time."

The chocolate lab proved that a couple weeks ago. Gardner said she took Max with her when she ran an errand, but forgot the dog was still in the car when she returned home. "I came in and started cleaning and about an hour later I heard a horn blow," she said.

Gardner went outside, but didn't see anybody. "So, I came back in the house and I started cleaning again and the horn blew again," she said. This time, Gardner said she saw Max sitting in the driver's seat of her car.

"I rushed over and got him out real fast and he was panting like crazy," she said. "I brought him in the house and he just dropped to the floor." Gardner gave him water and cooled him down with cold, wet rags. Her daughter called the vet, who said Max was a little weak but otherwise OK.

Via

No comments:

Post a Comment