Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hole #7 Tee - La Cantera Resort, San Antonio

Par:4 - 310 yards

Click to enlarge!

Played the resort course at La Cantera for about the 5th-6th time yesterday with my good friend Rick. I always try to take a bunch of pictures, since the place is just heaven on earth. I also went to every Texas Open from 1995 to 2003, but for some reason haven't gone back for the tournament since that year. It was during that 2003 tournament that I proposed to my wife at hole #16. This year was the first year they moved the tournament away from La Cantera, over to the new TPC of San Antonio.

Yesterday was, however, the first time I've played it since I've had this blog, so I'll post a few of the best ones I have. If you're ever in San Antonio, and you have only one chance to play some golf - you must go here.

This picture is the panoramic views from the 7th tee, which stands about 100 feet above the fairway below. Six Flags Fiesta Texas theme park is in the background, most notably "The Rattler" roller coaster is one of the better wooden coasters I've ridden. This hole is also named The Rattler. The green is driveable for the longest hitters, but as you can see there are easier ways to get your par.

No comments:

Post a Comment